Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues
When you add and edit notes on one device, Evernote syncs changes to our servers and then to your other devices. If your notes aren't syncing properly, follow the steps below.
- Verify you're connected to the Internet - Open your device's web browser and visit any website to ensure that you're connected to the internet.
- Log in to Evernote Web - If you know that a device has already been synced and you still don't see your updated notes on another device, try to see if you can view them in Evernote Web. This will let you know whether your changes have already saved to the Evernote servers.
- Restart your computer or device - Simply restarting a device may fix a sync error.
- Update to the latest version of Evernote - Sync errors are often fixed with product updates. Download the latest version of Evernote from your app store or the Evernote website.
- Check Evernote Help & Learning - If Evernote is displaying an error message when syncing, try searching Evernote Help & Learning for the error message to see if there are any suggestions for resolving the problem.
- Check Evernote's status blog - Each week, the Evernote servers are updated with new versions of the various software components that power the service. During this time, the service can be slow or even intermittently unavailable. Check status.evernote.com to ensure that there isn't a server-side problem causing your sync error.
- Evernote for Windows - If you're using a Windows computer, verify that Work Offline isn't checked under Internet Explorer's File menu. Internet Explorer is the way Evernote for Windows syncs.
- Evernote Free - If you have Evernote Free, verify that you don't have more than two devices associated with your account in your account settings.
- Uninstall/Reinstall Evernote - Before uninstalling Evernote, ensure that all your notes are synced and visible in Evernote Web. You may also wish to backup or save a copy of your notes. How to uninstall and reinstall Evernote on your device.
If none of these suggestions help, please contact us. It's helpful to include the following in your ticket submission:
- A copy of your activity log
- A description of what is happening
- What version of Evernote you are using
- Which device your notes are not showing up on
- A list of all the steps you took before you contacted Evernote Support
- problems syncing
- can't sync
- not syncing
- sync problems
- syncing problems
- sync error
- error syncing
- error message