How to deactivate and reactivate an Evernote Business account
Deactivate the Evernote Business account
Any account admin of an Evernote Business account can deactivate the business by following these steps:
- Save copies of business notes you want to keep into personal notebooks
- Delete business notes from the Evernote Business account (optional)
- Deactivate the Evernote Business account
Once you’ve deactivated your Evernote Business account, you will still have access to the business content until the end of the current billing period (monthly or annual cycles). Your subscription will not renew and you will not be charged again.
1. Save copies of business notes you want to keep into personal notebooks
Once an Evernote Business account is deactivated, everyone in the business, including account admins, will lose access to all of the business notes or notebooks. For this reason, users should copy any business content they want to keep into personal notebooks before the end of the last billing period.
Keep in mind that when copying business notes to personal notebooks, only the content of the notes are duplicated. Note history and business tags associated with those notes are not copied over.
Note: Copying and moving notes between business notebooks and personal notebooks is only supported on Evernote for Windows Desktop and Evernote for Mac at this time.
Any user can copy business notes into a personal notebook by following these steps:
- Open a business notebook
- Select the note(s) you wish to copy, then select Note > Copy to Notebook... from the menu bar
- Select the personal notebook which you wish to copy the business notes to
To quickly copy multiple notes from a single notebook, simply open the notebook and follow these tips:
- To select multiple notes, select the first note, then select additional notes while holding down the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (Mac)
- To select all the notes, simply select Edit > Select All from the drop down menu
As an account admin, you can export all business notebooks from the admin console, even those that haven't been shared.
2. Delete business notes from the Evernote Business account (optional)
If you wish to delete business notes from your Evernote Business account, simply delete your business notes and empty the business 'Trash' notebook from the admin console.
Make sure that any content you wish to keep has been copied to your personal notebooks or exported to your computer prior to emptying the trash. Once notes are emptied from your trash, the content is no longer recoverable (even by Evernote Support). Be careful to only delete notes you’re absolutely sure you won't ever need again.
3. Deactivate the Evernote Business account
Once business notes have been moved out of the business account, you are ready to deactivate your Evernote Business account.
To deactivate your Evernote Business account, do the following:
- Log in to Evernote Web, click your name, and select 'Admin Console' from the pop-up menu
- Select the 'Billing Information' tab, then click Cancel Your Evernote Business Account
At the end of the billing period, you and all other users will be removed from the business account and be reverted to Evernote Basic. You can either continue on as an Evernote Basic user or upgrade your account to Evernote Plus or Evernote Premium. If you had an existing Plus or Premium subscription prior to Evernote Business, and had more than one month left of service, you received an email with a redemption link to reactivate your subscription.
Need to deactivate your Evernote Business account sooner?
If you wish to completely shut down your Evernote Business before the end of your billing period, you'll need to contact our Account Executive team.
- Complete steps 1-3 above
- Go to the admin console and remove all other users from the business (except yourself, the remaining account admin)
- Contact us with your request
Reactivate the Evernote Business account
- Go to the Evernote Business sign-up page.
- Attempt to create a new Evernote Business account with the email address associated with the deactivated Evernote Business (account admins only). You will see a notification that your email address is already associated with a deactivated Evernote Business, and you will have the option to create a new account or reactivate the old account.
- Select Reactivate account and enter your payment information on the next screen. You will have the option to invite users after your payment information is updated. Note: if your account was on invoice billing and there are no open seats, you will be taken to the profile page.
- cancel a business
- canceling a business
- cancel business account
- close business account
- close an evernote business
- close my business
- deactivating a business
- leave an evernote business
- leaving an evernote business
- leaving evernote business