How to deactivate and reactivate an Evernote Business account
Deactivate the Evernote Business account
Any account admin of an Evernote Business account can deactivate the business by following these steps:
1. Back up your business notes
Once an Evernote Business account is deactivated, everyone in the business, including account admins, will lose access to all of the business notes and notebooks. For this reason, you should export any business content you want to keep before the end of the last billing period. As an account admin, you can export all business notebooks from the admin console, even those that haven't been shared. If you have a personal account, you can import the exported business content into it. Learn more >>
Note: If you wish to delete business notes from your Evernote Business account, simply delete your business notes and empty the Trash from the admin console. Make sure that any content you wish to keep has been copied to your personal notebooks or exported to your computer prior to emptying the trash. Once notes are emptied from your trash, the content is no longer recoverable (even by Evernote Support). Be careful to only delete notes you’re absolutely sure you won't ever need again.
2. Deactivate the account
Once business notes have been moved out of the business account, you are ready to deactivate your Evernote Business account.
To deactivate your Evernote Business account, do the following:
- Go to the 'Billing Information' page in the admin console
- Click Cancel Your Evernote Business Account
Once you’ve deactivated your Evernote Business account, you will still have access to the business content until the end of the current billing period. At the end of the billing period, you and all other users will be removed from the business account.
Note: Evernote Business accounts created before September 11, 2017 will be reverted to Evernote Basic. Users who were Plus or Premium, with more than one month remaining before joining the business, can redeem the code they received upon joining Evernote Business.
Need to deactivate your Evernote Business account sooner?
If you wish to completely shut down your Evernote Business before the end of your billing period, you'll need to contact Evernote Support.
- Complete steps 1-2 above
- Go to the admin console and remove all other users from the business (except yourself, the last account admin)
- Contact us with your request
View our refund policy here.
Reactivate the Evernote Business account
- Go to the Evernote Business sign-up page.
- Attempt to create a new Evernote Business account with the email address associated with the deactivated Evernote Business (account admins only). You will see a notification that your email address is already associated with a deactivated Evernote Business, and you will have the option to create a new account or reactivate the old account.
- Select Reactivate account and enter your payment information on the next screen. You will have the option to invite users after your payment information is updated. Note: if your account was on invoice billing and there are no open seats, you will be taken to the profile page.
- cancel a business
- canceling a business
- cancel business account
- close business account
- close an evernote business
- close my business
- deactivating a business
- leave an evernote business
- leaving an evernote business
- leaving evernote business