Manage your desktop and web preferences
The Settings page in your Evernote application allows you to manage your desktop and web preferences for the following features:
- Calendar. Customize your calendar notification settings, and quickly access your account settings to manage connected calendar accounts.
- Import folders. Automatically import files from selected folders on your computer.
- Sidebar. Show or hide note counts, recent notes, and shortcuts in the left navigation menu.
- Note. Choose whether you want your cursor to start in the note body or the title, and whether or not you want checklist items crossed out when completed.
- Notebook. Choose the default notebook where you’d like newly created notes, saved emails, and web clips to be saved automatically.
- Tasks. Choose the default note where new tasks will be saved to, enable default task reminders, and select up to 5 pre-set time periods for when you’d like to receive a reminder.
Access your app settings
You can access settings from an Evernote desktop app or a web browser.
The new Evernote for Mac: Click the Settings button (gear) next to your name at the top of the left navigation menu.
Older version of Evernote for Mac: Select Evernote > Preferences... from the menu bar.
The new Evernote for Windows: Click the Settings button (gear) next to your name at the top of the left navigation menu.
Older version of Evernote for Windows: Select Tools > Options in the menu bar.
Click the Settings button (gear) next to your name at the top of the left navigation menu.
- account info
- account summary
- account settings
- app settings
- personal settings
- app preferences