Previous release notes for Evernote for iOS
This article contains a log of release notes for publicly-released versions of Evernote beginning with version 10.0. To view current version release notes, visit Evernote release notes.
April 15, 2021 - Version 10.8
- Home is now available on iOS! It's a one-stop dashboard that puts the information you need front and center—neatly organized and instantly available.
- Home consists of widgets that display your content in a convenient and streamlined view. All customers have a notes widget, a scratch pad widget, and a recently captured widget.
- Evernote Premium and Evernote Business customers have additional widget options, as well as the ability to customize the appearance of their Home.
- One of your most-requested features is here! You can now search inside PDF files.
- You can now apply search filters from the Notes view, to help you find what you need faster.
- You can now sort your reminders to see exactly what you need. Choose from title, date created, date last updated, and reminder date.
- We've made some adjustments so it's even easier for you to edit tables on your phone or tablet.
- If you received a phone call while you were recording audio, the app would forget to tell you it had stopped recording. Now it will let you know what's going on.
- Sometimes, the app wouldn't let you create a new note from the Notes view, but it should be smooth sailing now.
- If you were viewing a long list of search results while in Snippet view, you would sometimes see a few false results at the bottom of the list.
- Search shared notes in Evernote Business via Work Chat.
- Improving search functionality by giving it the ability to recognize differences in punctuation (e.g., “O’Neil” vs. “oneil”).
March 28, 2021 - Version 10.7
- You can now change the background color and pattern for your sketches.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- The 'done' and 'undo' buttons would sometimes get stuck behind the status bar at the top of your screen, but now they'll stay within reach at all times.
- The Reminders tab would sometimes disappear after you changed the sort options for a notebook, but not anymore.
- Home is a better way to start your day in Evernote, and it's coming soon to iOS!
March 9, 2021 - Version 10.6
- One of your most-requested features is here: Now you can edit tables on your phone or tablet!
- We tidied up the navigation menu to make it easier for you to get around. All Notes is now called Notes, and we rearranged the list items so you can find what you need faster.
- Evernote Business customers: Don’t want to see every single notebook in a space? No problem! You can now turn that off (or back on again) in Settings > Notebooks.
- The app would occasionally crash when you tried to print something. Now there’s nothing stopping you.
- Selecting “Larger text” in your phone’s Accessibility settings meant that some Evernote menu items would be cut off. That defeated the whole purpose of using larger text, so we fixed it.
- Notes would sometimes flash while you were scrolling through them in Card view. Very annoying, but now a thing of the past.
- Sometimes, the thumbnail wouldn’t update after you edited a handwritten note. But it should be smooth sailing now.
- Customize the background color and pattern for your handwritten notes and sketches.
February 9, 2021 - Version 10.5
- Searching inside shared notebooks is back.
- Once in a while, the app had trouble showing the notebooks in your account after you updated. But it should be smooth sailing now.
- We fixed an issue with the snippet view note preview not showing the text you had just entered into a note.
- Cutting and pasting attachments into a new note would sometimes result in an error, so we fixed it.
- We fixed an issue where notes would sometimes appear to be blank when you opened them.
- If you thought you had missed some Work Chat notifications, you were right. But you should see them all now.
- If you tried to share a PDF or audio file, the keyboard would unhelpfully get in your way, but no longer.
- Sometimes, the date and time rows would flicker when you were setting a reminder. Very annoying, but thankfully now a thing of the past.
January 15, 2021 - Version 10.4
- Email a copy of a note (paid)
- You would sometimes see an error when trying to open a note link, but not anymore.
- We fixed an issue where the app would crash if you entered special characters (like *, <, and >) in the search bar while you were offline.
- Fixed an issue where stacks containing certain characters wouldn’t display in the left sidebar.
- We fixed a problem where PDFs you had captured with ScanSnap would sometimes disappear.
- We squashed a swarm of tiny bugs that, individually, didn’t amount to much but, collectively, were pretty annoying.
- We polished some things under the hood to make the app more responsive and more stable.
January 5, 2021 - Version 10.3
- Pasting images would result in duplicate images
- When using search filters in dark mode the screen would sometimes flash to light mode
- Notes would sometimes save in default notebook instead of the selected notebook
- Offline notebooks would occasionally get stuck during the download process
- Performance improvements for the left sidebar
- Issue with restoring notes from the trash on iPad
- Users now receive email notifications immediately when a note is shared with them
- Table editing
- Apple Watch support
- Search in PDF files
- iOS Widget
November 29, 2020 - Version 10.2
- Print a note
- Apply filters to search results
- Add a tag when using the mobile clipper
- Add multiple attachments to a note at the same time
- Advanced editing options
- Move notes into shared notebooks
- Keyboard would occasionally flash when in "All Notes" view
- Issue where the reminders badge was not aligned correctly in the note list
- Occasional crashes when searching in work chat
- Issue with exporting notes
- Notebooks occasionally would not appear correctly in the notebook list
- Table editing
- Apple Watch support
- Search in PDF files
- iOS Widget
- Share a note via email
October 20, 2020 - Version 10.1
- Sort options in search results
- Open password-protected PDF files
- Offline notebooks now continue downloading in the background
- Note appears zoomed in when switching between notes
- Issue with loading a large number of search results
- Note would not always open at the top of the note
- Edit button would flicker when adding attachments
- Sharing a PDF file would sometimes open the keyboard
- Issue with occasional note conflicts
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Stability and performance improvements
September 16, 2020 - Version 10.0
Welcome to the new Evernote for iOS! We’ve rebuilt the app from the ground up to make it easier for you to create notes quickly, customize them however you like, find them in an instant, and take them wherever you go.
- You now have more control over your notes’ appearance. Use semantic headers and tables to give structure to your notes. Or change fonts, colors, and highlights to add a personal touch.
- Checklists now get the VIP treatment they deserve. You can add list items, indent them, move them around—and enjoy the satisfaction of crossing them off with a single tap.
- Adding rich content (like audio, photos, attachments, and sketches) is quicker and easier with the new, multi-function Insert button.
- We redesigned the formatting toolbar to put your most-used options front and center. Bold/italic/underline, header level, font sizes and colors, multiple highlighter options, subscript/superscript, alignment, hyperlinking, and more—all right there at your fingertips.
- Save time—and taps. Get real-time search suggestions as you type to find what you're looking for faster.
- Filter your searches by tag, attachment, PDF, URL, and more. So even the most elusive notes will now appear at your command.
- Is searching your Evernote superpower? Like to combine keywords, tags, or locations to find exactly what you need? Now you can save those searches and use them over and over again with just one tap.
- The main screen has a cleaner, more modern look, so it’s easier on the eyes—and easier for you to get stuff done.
- We redesigned the document scanner to streamline how you capture information with your camera. In a flash, the app now automatically recognizes documents, Post-it(R) notes, whiteboards, or business cards, scans them for readable text, suggests the best options for capturing them, and adds them to your notes. Ta da!
- We’ve introduced nested tags to give you even more ways to organize and find information.
- This update moves the app to a new codebase that’s more stable and reliable, for fewer hang/crash errors.
- That new codebase means we can fix bugs quicker and release new features more often (yep, we’ve got some cool things already in development—join our Beta Program for a sneak peek!).
- Syncing data across different platforms and devices is smoother and more seamless than before.
This is a big update that we’re really proud of—and it’s just the start. We’re going to keep working hard, releasing updates, and finding new ways to simplify your life.
- release notes
- update notes
- change log