Prepare your Evernote Business account for update
Older Evernote Business accounts allow customers to keep both business and personal notes in the same account. Newer Evernote Business accounts are designed only for business notes.
If you have an older Evernote Business account, we have an account update coming soon which will split your business notes and your personal notes into two separate accounts. The account update is being rolled out to customers using Evernote for iOS at this time.
You’ll know you have an older Evernote Business account if:
- It was created before September 15, 2017.
- You use one email address to log in to both business and personal notes.
- You have separate "business" and "personal" sections in the same account.
Check out this video to learn more about the update process, get answers to a few top questions, and discover additional support resources.
Please see the FAQ below for more information about the account update. If you have additional questions or need help, please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I prepare for this update?
To prepare, please have an additional email address on hand. This email address must not be associated with any other existing Evernote accounts. If you do not have another email address to use, please consider creating one from a free email provider of your choice.
How will I update my account?
You will be prompted during an upcoming app update to go through a process that will split your business and personal notes into two separate accounts. You'll need to assign unique email addresses for each account.
Please make sure to sync your account before you update the Evernote app. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Mobile: Unsynced notes are marked by a green/red corner in the note list. Manually sync them by pulling down on the All Notes list. When no notes show the green/red corner, your notes are successfully synced.
- Desktop: Unsynced notes are marked by a light-blue corner in the note list. Manually sync them by clicking the sync button. When no notes show the light blue corner, your notes are successfully synced.
Why do I have to update my account?
This account update is required to be compatible with the newest Evernote apps. These versions offer:
- Improved note formatting and consistency across apps.
- Faster, easier search.
- Improved reliability and stability using the newest versions of Evernote.
What will be different after the account update?
We'll be splitting your personal notes from the business account and giving them their own separate account and login information. You can continue using Evernote the same way and easily switch between your accounts in the app.
What if I have business notes in my personal notebooks?
To ensure a smooth transition, you should go through your account and begin moving relevant notes and notebooks to either your personal side or business side. However, even if you don’t do this, you can always move notes from personal to business after the update. See How to move notes from personal to business.
Will I lose Premium features on my personal account?
You will receive a free Evernote Premium subscription as long as your team has an active Evernote Business subscription. During the first billing period of your account update, your separated personal account will automatically be upgraded to Premium. Each time your Evernote Business subscription is renewed, your personal Premium account will be automatically renewed as well.
What if I have additional questions or need help?