How to create ink notes in Evernote for Windows
What are ink notes?
Ink notes are specially formatted for drawing and handwriting. They are ideal for taking notes on touch screen devices using your finger or a stylus. Use them to jot down important information, create sketches, or any time you need to draw or write directly into a note.
Ink notes can be viewed using Evernote on any device, but can only be created and edited using Evernote for Windows. Ink notes cannot be merged.
Create a new Ink note
To create a new ink note, select File > New Note > New Ink Note from the menu bar.
Explore the ink note toolbar
Ink notes have their own toolbar with options to customize and format your handwritten notes.
- Snap-to-Shape: "Snaps" freehand drawings into precise lines and shapes.
- Pencil: Write and draw freehandwith a circular tip.
- Pen: Write and draw freehandwith an angled tip.
- Cutter: Delete lines or objects.
- Selector: Select objects to be scaled, stretched, moved, or deleted.
- Stroke Width: Choose the size of your pen, pencil, and cutter tools.
- Stroke Color: Choose the color of the ink.
- Paper Color: Choose the color of the background and rule lines. For a blank white background, select white for both Paper Color and Paper Grid.
- windows ink