Scan business cards into Salesforce
Evernote scans business cards and turns them into individual contact notes. Once scanned, card information such as names, titles, company names, and a picture of the card are saved and searchable.
Once you’ve scanned a card into Evernote, you can:
- Jot down additional notes about the contact.
- Save the contact as a Salesforce Lead or a Contact.
- Call, text (SMS), or email people directly from the contact note by clicking phone or email links.
Note: The new Evernote for iOS does not currently support saving business card information into Salesforce.
Scan business cards with your phone
Available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Before you start scanning cards, make sure your device is connected to the Internet and that the following are true:
- You have an Evernote Business account.
- Your Evernote Business account is connected to an Enterprise Salesforce Edition account or higher.
- Your Salesforce account is connected to your Evernote Business account. To add Salesforce as a connected service, go to the “Account Settings” page, select the ‘Connected Service’ tab in Evernote, and click 'Connect’.
To start scanning:
- Tap 'Photos' from the top of the home screen.
- Position and hold the camera steadily over the card so the edges of the card are visible. The camera automatically detects, focuses, and takes a snapshot of the business card.
- Once the business card is captured, Evernote displays all the information recognized from the card into a contact note.
Add to Salesforce
Available on Web, Mac, Windows, and iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Save scanned cards as Salesforce Leads
Once you’ve scanned a business card into Evernote, you can save the contact information to Salesforce as a new Salesforce Lead:
- Tap ‘Add to Salesforce’, then tap ‘Lead’
- Select the Salesforce account to add the new Contact to and tap ‘Save in Salesforce’
- Tap ‘Done’
Save scanned cards as Salesforce Contacts
Once you’ve scanned a business card into Evernote, you can save the contact information to Salesforce as a new Salesforce Contact:
- Tap ‘Add to Salesforce’, then tap ‘Contact’
- Select the Salesforce Account to associate the new Contact with and tap ‘Save in Salesforce’
Save existing contact notes to Salesforce
To save business cards you’ve already scanned into Evernote, open and edit the note, then do the following:
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch: Tap the horizontal dots (...), select ‘Add to Salesforce’, then select ‘Contact’ or ‘Lead’ for the Salesforce record type you’d like to create.
- Windows: Click the toolbar options arrow, select ‘Share’, select ‘Add to Salesforce’, then select ‘Contact’ or ‘Lead’ for the Salesforce record type you’d like to create.
- Web: Select the arrow on the ‘Share’ button to display share options, select ‘Add to Salesforce’, then select ‘Contact’ or ‘Lead’ for the Salesforce record type you’d like to create.
Evernote lets you know if the scanned email address already exists in Salesforce. Choose ‘Save as a new contact’ or ‘Cancel’.