Welcome to Evernote for Mac
Evernote for Mac Quick Tour
The navigation menu (also referred to as the side navigation bar) gives you quick access to your notes. By default, this menu is displayed in an expanded view, with icons and labels. For a simplified, icons-only view, drag the divider line (between the menu and the note list) to the left.
- Notes: View a list of all the notes in your account. Select a note to view and edit it. Evernote Business accounts give you the option of displaying 'Personal' and 'Business' notes as separate lists.
- Notebooks: View a list of all the notebooks in your account, including those you've created and those that have been shared with you. Select a notebook to view and edit it. Evernote Business accounts give you the option of viewing 'Personal' and 'Business' notebooks as separate lists.
- Tags: View a list of all the tags in your account. Select a tag to view all the notes associated to that tag. In this way, the tag serves as a quick way to find what you're looking for.
The Evernote toolbar gives you quick access to common Evernote functions.
- Account info: Tap on the silhouette next to your account name at the top of the screen to view your account information. Note: With Premium, you also have the option of switching to another Evernote account you own.
- Sync: Manually sync your Evernote account to the Evernote service. Note: Evernote automatically syncs regularly, so using this button is optional.
- Notifications: Display recent account activity. Note: For those who are part of a company Evernote account, this list includes any actions others in your company have recently taken on business notebooks shared with you.
- New Note button: Create a new note in the selected notebook. New notes are saved to your default notebook if no notebook is specified. Add text, handwriting, attachments, photos, and other media to the new note.
- New Chat: Discuss notes and notebooks you've shared with others.
- Search field: Use keywords, locations, and tags to search for notes. Evernote searches the titles and contents of your notes, as well as text inside images attached to notes.
The note list displays all the notes in your account, all the notes that match your search results, or all the notes in a selected notebook or notebook stack.
- View All Notes: Display all the notes in your account as a list. Note: If you are part of a company account, this list includes both your personal and business notes.
- Active Notebook: The name of the selected notebook appears above the note list. Click this button to view a list of all the notebooks in your account. Select another notebook from this list as a quick way to switch to that notebook.
- Tag: Add and edit tags associated with a note.
- Work Chat: Share all the notes in the selected notebook via email or Work Chat. Note: You can only share notes if you have 'Can edit and invite' permissions.
- View Options: Change the way your notes are displayed and sorted.
View and edit notes. Organize your notes using notebooks and tags so they're easier to find.
- Notebook: The name of the notebook where the selected note is saved.
- Tag: View and edit the tags associated with the selected note
- Reminder: Set an alarm to notify you when you need to take some sort of action related to the note or to-do items in a list.
- Present: Automatically format the selected note as a full-width presentation, and share with others on your computer or on a secondary monitor
- Info: View details about a note, such as date the note was updated and created. Move the note to a different notebook, edit associated tags, and add location info.
- Delete: Delete the selected note and move it to the 'Trash' notebook.
Click inside any opened note to enter the note editing mode. The formatting tools that appear at the top of the screen let you change the way the note looks—font style, text formats—and lets you add other types of media, such as images, files, and audio recordings.