Learn about the Evernote for Windows app
The navigation menu is the panel located on the left side of the app.
- Account: Click your name to view the account dropdown. Quickly switch between multiple accounts or sign out of your current account.
- Search: Perform a search or view recent and suggested searches.
- New Note: Click the left (larger) side of the button to create a new note. Click the arrow on the right side of the button to access templates.
- Shortcuts: View shortcuts.
- All Notes: View the note list for all notes.
- Notebooks: View the notebook list.
- Shared with Me: View notes and notebooks that have been shared with you.
- Tags: View tags.
- Trash: View deleted notes.
- Need a little help?: Get quick access to Evernote Help & Learning and the latest release notes.
The note list is the middle panel of the app.
- Sort options: Sort the list by title, date updated, or date created.
- Add filters: Filter the list by items such as reminders, tags, and more.
- View options: Select a list layout.
The note view is what you see when you open a note. It is sometimes known as the note panel.
- Expand note: Hide the note list panel to reveal a larger note panel.
- Go to notebook: Go to the notebook containing the open note.
- Move note: Move the open note to a different notebook.
- Share: Share the note within Evernote or using a shareable link.
- More actions: Access additional note actions, such as duplicate a note, edit tags, copy internal note link, export, move to trash, and more.
- Add reminder: Add a reminder.
- Add tag: Add a tag.
The toolbar is located at the top of the note and is visible when you are editing the note.
- Text type: Set the text to pre-formatted options, such as normal text or various size headers.
- Font style: Select a font style.
- Font size: Select a font size.
- Font color: Select a font color.
- Font formatting: Apply bold, italics, or underline to selected text.
- Highlighter color: Select a highlighter color.
- Lists: Select a list option: checklist, bullet list, or numbered list.
- More: Access additional formatting options, such as paragraph alignment, indentation, and the option to remove formatting.
- Insert: Insert a table, divider, attachment, photo, checkbox, code block, or sketch.
- windows 10
- evernote for windows