How to troubleshoot note syncing errors in iOS
If you encounter a sync error with a specific note in Evernote for iOS, follow the steps below.
1. Recreate the note using the following steps:
- Copy and paste the content out of the referenced note into a new note
- Delete the referenced note by swiping across it from right to left, then tapping the trash button
- Go to your 'Trash' notebook at the bottom of your notebooks list and delete the note from there
- Sync Evernote
2. If unsuccessful, reboot your device and try syncing again.
3. If still unsuccessful, reinstall Evernote.
Before reinstalling Evernote for iOS, make sure to copy the contents of any unsynced notes somewhere outside of the Evernote app. Any unsynced notes (notes marked by green corners) and photos are deleted when you reinstall Evernote.
To save any unsynced photos, open the photo, tap the Share button (box with upward arrow) and select Save Image.
Then follow these steps:
- From the home screen, tap and hold the Evernote icon until it starts to jiggle
- Tap X, then Delete
- Restart your iOS device
- Download Evernote from the App Store
If these steps do not resolve the problem, please contact us.
- invalid content
- ios error
- sync error
- can't save note
- error message
- unexpected nsurlresponse type
- the content is invalid