Capture Post-it® Notes into Evernote
The Evernote camera is specially designed to enhance and transform your Post-it® Notes into beautiful, digital replicas of all your notes.
Capture Post-it® Notes into Evernote on iOS and Android devices with cameras.
How to capture Post-it® Notes
Write clearly and legibly on a Post-it® Note with any type of pen or ink. Then, follow these steps to capture your notes into Evernote:
1. Open the Evernote camera
The new Evernote for Android - Tap the upward arrow (^) in the green New Note button, then tap Take a photo (or tap the blue plus sign (+) above the keyboard in an opened note, then tap Camera).
Older version of Evernote for Android - Tap and hold the floating, plus sign (+) button from any note, notebook, or tag list, then tap Camera (or tap the camera on the Evernote widget).
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch:
The new Evernote for iOS - Tap the upward arrow (^) in the green New Note button, then tap Take a photo (or tap the blue plus sign (+) above the keyboard in an opened note, then tap Camera).
Older version of Evernote for iOS - Tap Photos (camera) button from the home screen or from any opened note.
2. Take the photo
Position the Post-it® Note so that it's visible inside the frame, then snap the photo:
- iPod Touch, and earlier iPhone and iPad models: The camera is on manual capture mode, by default. Tap the shutter button to snap a photo.
- Newer iOS devices: By default, the camera starts in auto-mode and captures the photo automatically. Tap the lined paper image at the top of the screen to switch to manual capture mode.
- The new Evernote for iOS and Android: By default, the camera starts in manual capture mode. Tap 'Auto' at the bottom of the screen to switch to auto-mode to capture the photo automatically.
3. Preview, then save or discard
To preview captured note(s), tap the captured image or thumbnail(s) of captured notes. From here you can select particular pages to keep or discard.
- Save: To save a note, tap Save.
- Discard: To discard a note, tap the trash can button.
View Post-it® Notes
If you capture multiple notes at a time, Evernote saves the entire set of Post-it® Notes as a single, Evernote note. To save each Post-it® Note as an individual, Evernote note, just confirm and save after each photo, then capture a new photo for the next note you'd like to save.