Organize & set reminders
Once Post-it® Notes have been captured into Evernote, you can organize them into notebooks, tag them, and set reminders as you would with any other note in Evernote.
For the best experience, however, use Post-it® Notes optimized for Evernote (Post-it® Notes in Electric Yellow, Limeade, Electric Blue, and Neon Pink) where each Post-it® Notes note color can be automatically assigned to one Evernote notebook, one Evernote tag, and one Post-it® Notes reminder.
Note: Only available in the older version of Evernote for iOS. The new Evernote for iOS does not support the organization and customization of Post-it® Notes captured into Evernote.
Assign notebooks, tags, and reminders
Customize how your Post-it® Notes are saved
To customize your Post-it® Note settings, do the following:
1. Go to your account settings
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Open the Account tab, then tap Settings
- Android: Tap the three vertical dots at the top of an notes, notebooks, or tags list screen to change your account settings
- Windows Phone: Tap your account username
2. Go to Post-it® Notes settings
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: Tap Camera > Post-it® Notes
- Android: Tap Settings > Camera > Post-it® Notes
- Windows Phone: Tap General > Post-it® Notes
3. Select the Post-it® Note color to change its associated notebook, tag, or reminder
Ways you can organize Post-it® Notes in Evernote:
- Electric Yellow Post-it® Notes – Save to a "To do" notebook with reminders and view all of them in the reminders list. Note: By default, Electric Yellow Post-it® Notes come preset with reminders.
- Limeade Post-it® Notes – Tag as "To Share" so you can easily identify notes you would like to share with others.
- Electric Blue Post-it® Notes – Save into a "Design Ideas" notebook.
- Neon Pink Post-it® Notes – Save into a "Leisure" or "Just for Fun" notebook.
Search handwritten notes
Once a Post-it® Note is saved into Evernote, handwritten text on the note is recognized and becomes searchable. Just search for any word inside Evernote and all notes containing that word will appear.