Scan business cards using your phone
Evernote makes it easy for you to remember more about the people you meet. The business card camera captures the clearest possible images of your business cards and saves everything into a contact note, including:
- Name, title, company, and additional contact info
- An image of the card
Note: Business card scanning is an Evernote Premium and Evernote Business feature.
Scan a business card
To scan a business card:
- Tap the arrow on the new note button, then tap Scan a document.
- Position the camera over the card so that the edges of the card remain in view. The camera automatically detects, focuses, and captures the business card.
Once the business card is captured, Evernote displays all the information recognized from the card.
Review and edit contact info
It is a good idea to review the information scanned from cards for accuracy. If any of the scanned information needs to be edited, do the following:
- Tap the gray "Contact" header, then tap the pencil icon.
- Tap a field to edit the information.
- Tap Save.
Business cards vary in size, color, and style, so consider these tips for optimal results:
- Business card scanning is currently available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Android devices. While business card scanning may work on iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, and earlier models, you will get the best results with devices that have flash and a higher camera resolution.
- The automatic capture feature works best when business cards are placed on a contrasting background. Place light cards on dark backgrounds and dark cards on light backgrounds. This setup is particularly important when using older iPads or iPod touch devices with lower resolution cameras.
- For a better quality, capture images in good, even background light between many lights or in indirect light. For glossy cards, tilt the phone at an angle to avoid glare from the flash.
- Because Evernote saves information about where and when you create notes, scan cards soon after you meet someone to make it easier to search for later.
- business card
- add business cards
- business cards
- double-sided business cards
- other side
- contact info
- reverse side
- scan both sides
- scan business cards
- both sides