Find what you need
Everything in Evernote is searchable, including the contents of notes, notebooks, tags, and attachments. Evernote's search lets you get really granular, but this just means you have a lot of ways to find what you are looking for.
You can search for notes and notebooks by:
- Keywords or tags
- Contact info in business cards
- Handwritten or typed text in photos
- Text in attached documents and PDFs
- Notebooks other colleagues have shared
- Team members who know about a topic at your company
- Notes related to internet search results (with Evernote Web Clipper)
You can search within your entire Evernote account, or filter by notebook, creation or update date, and geographical location where the note was created. If you use a particular search frequently, you can save and add it to your shortcuts for quick access. We also offer advanced search syntax for even more targeted searching.
How to search notes, notebooks, and chats
- Search for notes: Type your search terms in the search field located near the top of the screen.
- Search for notebooks: Select Notebooks from the left navigation menu and enter your search terms in the search field.
- Search for notebooks in your team's account (Evernote Teams only): Select Notebooks from the left navigation menu, then select All Team Notebooks button near the bottom of the notebook list and type your search terms.
More ways to find work in Evernote
The search feature in Evernote automatically lists recent searches, saved searches, and suggest tags and notebooks as you are typing based on the terms you enter in the search field.
To narrow down the scope of your search, filter by notebook, creation or update date, or the geographical location where the note was created. Learn more
More ways to find what you are looking for in Evernote:
- Saved searches: Save search terms and filters you use frequently as shortcuts for quick access. Learn more
- Shortcuts: Create and save links to notes, notebooks, and frequently searched tags or terms. Learn more
- Advanced searches: Use special search terms for more detailed searches. Frequently used combinations of these search terms can be saved and reused. Learn more
- find experts
- related results
- search attached files
- search evernote business