Organize with notebooks
Notebooks are how notes are organized in Evernote and are commonly used to separate notes by category, location, or purpose. For example, you might create one notebook called 'Home Remodel' and one called 'Schoolwork' to keep these types of notes separate and easier to find.
For example, you may create notebooks for:
- Work projects
- Travel planning
- Creative projects
- Company resources
- Contracts or documents
To learn how to create a notebook, visit Create a notebook.
Ways you can stay organized with notebooks
Evernote provides you with a notebook when you create a new account. Create additional notebooks to organize your notes around the topics that matter to you and your team.
Try organizing notebooks:
- By project, product, department, or event.
- By customer, company, or client.
- By project phase or product development cycle (for example, 'Brainstorming', 'Design,' 'Development,' or 'Testing').
- By weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly deadlines or objectives.
Ways teams can stay organized with notebooks
Different teams or departments will want to organize their team content in a way that works best for their projects, their goals, and their workflows.
Creating a paperless office
Eliminate paper clutter and save to notebooks to make information searchable and accessible anywhere:
- Scan documents, receipts, invoices, or business cards into different notebooks
- Save emails and project notes in separate project notebooks
- Create notebooks to share graphical assets, meeting notes, project timelines with everyone in your company or on your team
Inspiring creative teams
Collaborate with clients, share ideas and inspiration with your team, and centralize timeline:
- Collect inspiration from the web with the Web Clipper that can be edited and saved into Evernote
- Use visual callouts on plans, designs, and mockups to highlight and discuss ideas
- Share project proposals, timelines, and specs with vendors and contractors outside your company or team
Explore the following tips for other ways to work with notebooks:
- Organizing with individual and team notebooks: Separate your individual notes and team notes into separate notebooks. Learn more
- Organize related notebooks into stacks: Stacks are a great way to organize related groups of notebooks. They are only visible to you and cannot be shared. Learn more
- Create an organizational structure: Agree on naming conventions and an organizational structure for notes, notebooks, and tags. Learn more