How to make a checklist
With Evernote you can add a checkboxes into your notes to keep track of action items. You can look them up and cross them off at any time, on any device.
What can I do with checklists?
Here are some ideas for checklists that you might want to create:
- To-do list: make one for work from your desk on a Monday morning and check it on your phone on a Wednesday.
- Packing list: don’t forget your sunscreen, your bathing suit, or your phone charger.
- Goals list: keep it with you, wherever you are.
- Reading list: keep adding to it — when you’re at the bookstore with your phone, or at the airport with your tablet.
- Home repairs list: pull it up on your phone when you’re at Home Depot and grab everything you need.
- Grocery list: add items you need and even share it with your spouse!
- Where to eat list: explore where you live through food and check off restaurants as you try them. See our list.
How do I make a checklist?
Click or tap the Insert To-do button (checkbox) in the formatting bar to add a checkbox.
Tips for Evernote for Mac, Windows, and Web
- You can turn a number of existing items into a checklist by simply highlighting the list, then selecting the checkbox button.
- Hit enter to quickly add another checkbox to your list.
- You can create a checkbox while typing by typing two brackets followed by a space:( ), or a pre-checked box by adding an x: ([x] ).
- Type 'todo:false' in the search bar to quickly find all notes with unchecked boxes. Learn more about searching for checklist notes.
- ticked off