Evernote Business admin console
The admin console is the central place for managing Evernote Business account information, users, and content and can be accessed by Evernote Business account admins.
Some of things you can do in admin console:
- View your account summary
- Add and manage users
- View and manage business notes, notebooks, tags, and trash
- View and manage account billing
How to access the admin console
Evernote Business account admins can access the admin console in one of these ways:
- Log in to your Evernote account in Evernote Web and select the admin console button (a key).
- In Evernote for Mac or Windows Desktop, select Help > Go to Admin Console... from the Evernote menu bar.
Note: The above options are only visible if you are signed in to an Evernote Business admin account.
The 'Summary' page displays an overview of your company's Evernote Business, including the total number of users and business notebooks currently associated with your company's account. You may also invite new users to join Evernote Business from here.
From the admin console 'Summary' page, you can get a quick snapshot of your account including:
- Number of users: How many users have joined your Evernote Business
- Number of business notebooks: How many notebooks are in the business
- Monthly usage: How much data your company has uploaded
The 'Add Users' page is where you will invite new users to join your company's Evernote Business. The following are two ways to add users to your Evernote Business:
Invite users individually: Send email invitations to specific users. To make inviting new users even easier, you may also connect to Gmail to quickly find your contacts to login and access your Gmail or Google Apps address book.
To add users individually, enter email addresses, then click Invite
- Automatic approval: This is a great time-saver for getting all of your company's employees joined to Evernote Business without having to invite every user individually. To allow users in your domain to join automatically, just add your company's email domain and click Add, then click Confirm when prompted.
The 'Manage Users' page is where you can manage your Evernote Business users in the following ways:
- View the list of all users in your business
- Remove users from your Evernote Business
- Revoke or resend outstanding invitations
- Revoke or promote other users to admin
- Change the business email address of other users
The 'Manage Users' page displays the following information about each of your users:
- Name: The name that is associated with the user's Evernote account and displayed on all of their business notebooks. If the user shares a business notebook with the entire company, their name will also appear as the contact for the business notebook.
- Email: The email address that is associated with the user's Evernote account.
- Join Date: The date the user joined your Evernote Business.
The 'Access History' page displays a record of each time your business content is accessed by members of your team. You can view each person's name, application client, IP address, and the date and approximate time they accessed the business.
The 'Notebooks' page is where you can manage all of the business notebooks created by team members joined to your company's Evernote Business. This includes the ability to export the contents of any business notebook, delete any business notebook, or share any business notebook with someone else (for example, if a different employee takes over a project).
The 'Notebooks' page displays the following information about each business notebook:
- Notebook Name: The name of the business notebook.
- Contact: The contact person that will be shown on the business notebook when it is shared with the entire company. Changing the contact person will not affect the user permission level of the user that originally created the business notebook.
- Members: The number of users that have joined the business notebook, which includes both users that have joined the business notebook from business home, and users that have joined the business notebooks after being invited individually.
- Sharing Status: The current sharing status of the business notebook, whether it's shared at all, with individual people, or published to the business home
The 'Notes' page is where you can manage all of the business notes that have been shared with others.
The 'Tags' page is where you can rename or delete tags that have been assigned to notes in your business. Select the checkbox next to a tag, then choose an action from the dropdown menu at the top of the list.
The 'Trash' page allows admins to restore individual business notes, or empty them from the trash entirely.
- Restore notes: To restore a previously deleted business note, select a note and click Restore
- Delete notes: To delete a single note from the trash, select the note and click Delete. To delete all the notes in the business trash, click the Empty Trash button found at the top of the business trash list. There is no way to restore notes once they have been deleted from the business trash.
Note: A user will see any changes an account admin makes the next time the user syncs his or her account.
The 'Billing Information' page is where you can view the billing information that is currently on file for your company's Evernote Business, including billing email, credit card information, and payment address. You may also change any of your billing information from this page.
The 'Billing Information' page also displays your current billing summary, which includes your next payment date, the number of users you are currently being charged for, and the total cost for those users.
The 'Salesforce' page is where you can manage your Salesforce integration. This includes step-by-step installation steps and your business access code.
- admin console
- evernote business
- manage business
- add users
- manage tags
- business tags