Evernote Business Admin Console Overview
The admin console is where account admins can manage Evernote Business account information, users, and content. Some of things account admins can do in admin console:
- View account summary
- Add and manage users
- View and manage spaces, notebooks, notes, tags, and trash
- View and manage account billing, security, and integrations
Evernote Business account admins can access the admin console at https://www.evernote.com/business/AccountSettings.action.
Below is an overview of each page in the admin console.
The 'Summary' page displays an overview of the Evernote Business account, including the total number of users and business notebooks currently in the business account. You may add new team members to join Evernote Business from here.
From the admin console 'Summary' page, you can get a quick snapshot of your account including:
- Number of users
- Number of users pending approval to join
- Number of account admins
- Monthly usage
The 'Add Users' page is where you will invite new users to join the team. The following are two ways to add users to your Evernote Business:
Invite users individually: Send email invitations to specific users. To add users individually, enter email addresses, then click Invite
- Automatic approval (Evernote Business accounts that have not been updated only): This is a great time-saver for getting all of your team members joined to Evernote Business without having to invite every user individually. To allow users in your domain to join automatically, just add your business email domain and click Add, then click Confirm when prompted. Learn more >>
The 'Manage Users' page is where you can manage Evernote Business users in the following ways:
- View the list of all users in your business
- Remove users from the Evernote Business
- Revoke or resend outstanding invitations
- Revoke or promote other users to account admin
- Change the business email address of other users
- Send Premium gift codes (Evernote Business accounts that have been updated only)
The 'Manage Users' page displays the following information about each of your users:
- Name: The name that is associated with the user's Evernote account and displayed on all of their business notebooks. If the user shares a business notebook with the entire company, their name will also appear as the contact for the business notebook.
- Email: The email address that is associated with the user's Evernote account.
- Join Date: The date the user joined your Evernote Business.
The 'Spaces' page displays a list of all of the spaces in the business. You can manage spaces from here, which includes the ability to join any space, manage space members and permissions, and change the visibility of spaces in the Space Directory.
There are 5 different visibility settings for Spaces, as outlined below.
- Not listed in Space Directory: No one in the business can see this space unless a current member sends an invitation.
- Listed and others must request access: Anyone in the business can see this space in the Space Directory but they must request permission to view its content.
- Listed and others can view: Anyone in the business can see this space in the Space Directory. They may join it and view its content.
- Listed and others can edit: Anyone in the business can see this space in the Space Directory. They may join it and view/edit its content.
- Listed and others can edit and invite: Anyone in the business can see this space in the Space Directory. They may join it, view/edit its content, and change permissions for others to access.
The 'Notebooks' page is where you can manage all of the business notebooks in the account. This includes the ability to export the contents of any business notebook, delete any business notebook, or share any business notebook with someone else (for example, if a different employee takes over a project).
The 'Notebooks' page displays the following information about each business notebook:
- Notebook Name: The name of the business notebook.
- Contact: The contact person that will be shown on the business notebook when it is shared with the entire company. Changing the contact person will not affect the user permission level of the user that originally created the business notebook.
- Members: The number of people that have joined the business notebook, which includes both users that have joined the business notebook from business home, and users that have joined the business notebooks after being invited individually.
- Sharing Status: The current sharing status of the business notebook, whether it's shared at all, with individual people, or published to the business home
- Type: In Evernote Business accounts that have been updated, each user's account notebook is marked as such in the admin console. The only action that can be taken on an account notebook is to export it. Learn more >>
There are 3 different sharing permissions, as outlined below:
- Can view: A user can join the notebook and view its content.
- Can edit: A user can join the notebook and view/edit its content.
- Can edit and invite: A user can join the notebook, view/edit its content, and invite and manage permissions for others to access.
The 'Notes' page is where you can manage the permissions for all of the business notes that have been shared with others.
The 'Tags' page is where you can rename or delete tags that have been assigned to notes in your business. Select the checkbox next to a tag, then choose an action from the dropdown menu at the top of the list.
The 'Trash' page allows you to restore individual business notes, or empty them from the trash entirely.
- Restore notes: To restore a previously deleted business note, select a note and click Restore.
- Delete notes: To delete a single note from the trash, select the note and click Delete. To delete all the notes in the business trash, click the Empty Trash button found at the top of the business trash list. There is no way to restore notes once they have been deleted from the business trash.
Note: A user will see any changes an account admin makes the next time the user syncs his or her account.
The 'Billing Information' page is where you can view the billing information that is currently on file for your company's Evernote Business, including billing email, credit card information, and payment address. This page also displays your current billing summary, which includes your next payment date, the number of users you are currently being charged for, and the total cost for those users. You may change any of your billing information by clicking Edit Billing Information.
The ‘Billing History’ page is where you can view invoices from each of your subscription payments. You may click on an order number and use your browser's print function to print a copy of the invoice. You may also use this page to determine when an Evernote Business account was created.
The 'Access History' page displays a record of each time your business content is accessed by members of your team. You can view each person's name, application client, IP address, and the date and approximate time they accessed the business.
The 'Single Sign-On' page is where you can set up and manage single sign-on for your business. Learn more >>
Currently only available in Evernote Business accounts that have not been updated, the 'Salesforce' page is where you can manage your Salesforce integration. This includes step-by-step installation steps and your business access code.
- admin console
- evernote business
- manage business
- add users
- manage tags
- business tags