How to resolve an ActiveX Component error when clipping a website from Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer may show an error stating "Failed to initialize Evernote Clipper ActiveX component" when clipping a website. To fix this issue, confirm that you've enabled ActiveX controls:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select Tools > Internet Options from the menu bar
- In the 'Security' tab, click the custom level button
- Scroll down the security settings list until you see ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- For automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click 'Enable'
If that does not fix the problem, change your Internet Explorer shortcuts to point to the 32-bit executable, rather than 64-bit executable:
- Right-click on a shortcut to Internet Explorer
- Select 'Properties'
- Change the target to the 32-bit Internet Explorer: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
- Change that target in all your shortcuts
- active x
- internet explorer
- error message