Save emails into Evernote
With an Evernote paid subscription, you can save emails directly into Evernote (up to 200 daily) using your unique Evernote email address. Save your travel reservations, email announcements, weekly automated reports, or anything you receive as an email, to Evernote, and access them from anywhere.
Note: Evernote Free customers can try this feature out, but are limited to five test emails.
Save emails into Evernote
To save an email into Evernote, open the email and forward it to your Evernote email address (enter your Evernote address in the recipient field). Your email will appear as a new note inside Evernote with the email subject line as the title.
You can enable auto-filing to have the emails intelligently sorted into your account. To learn how, visit Automatically file emails saved into Evernote.
Add a reminder, notebook, or tag
Before you send an email into Evernote, you can add special commands at the end of the subject line to specify which notebook you'd like to save it to, which tags you'd like to use, and any reminders you'd like to add to the note. These commands include:
- !Reminder: Use the exclamation point (!) to set a reminder. To add an alarm to the reminder, add the word tomorrow, or a date with numeric year, month, day separated by slashes. For example: !, !tomorrow, !2013/06/24
- @Notebook: Notes will go into your default notebook unless you specify one using the at (@) symbol and notebook name, such as @travel. You do not need quotes if you have a space in the notebook title. For example, you would write @International Travel or @My Notebook.
- #Tag: Add tags using the pound or hashtag (#) symbol, such as #manchester #england
Email Subject: [Title of note] ![optional date for reminder] @[notebook] #[tag]
Note: You can use any combination of these commands, but to ensure correct sorting behavior, always add the reminder first, followed by the notebook, then the tag.
Send party planning ideas into your Events notebook, tag with anniversary, and set a reminder:
- Email Subject: 5th-Year Celebration !2013/06/24 @events #anniversary
Send hotel reservations into the Travel Planning notebook and tag with japan:
- Email Subject: Hotel Reservation @travel planning #japan
Append an email to an existing note
To add the text of an email to an existing note, put a "+" at the end of your subject line and we'll place the body of the email into the most recent note with that title.
Automatic email forwarding
Set up your email's filtering to automatically forward every email from a specific sender or with a particular subject. For example, you can configure your email account to forward any emails sent from "Google Analytics" with "weekly report" in the subject line to your company's "Reports" notebook.
- mail to evernote
- create note via email
- email note
- import email
- forward email
- email forwarding
- evernote email address