Use Evernote Helper for quick notes and screenshots
Evernote Helper comes installed with Evernote for Mac and Evernote for Windows. It can be accessed by clicking the Evernote icon in your menu bar (Mac) or system tray (Windows). With Evernote Helper, create quick notes or save screenshots even when Evernote is in the background.
With Evernote Helper, you can:
- Write a quick note
- Capture a screenshot
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Open the full Evernote app
Write a quick text note
Open Evernote Helper to write a quick note without opening the full Evernote app. When you're done writing, click Convert to note to save it as a note.
Quickly access Evernote Helper using Ctrl + Cmd + N (Mac) or Ctrl + Alt + H (Windows) on your keyboard.
Capture a screenshot
There are three different types of screenshots you can capture:
- The entire screen: A screenshot of the entire screen is saved as a new note.
- A single application window: A screenshot of a single application window of your choice is saved as a new note. When the cursor becomes a camera, click once anywhere on the window you'd like to save.
- A selected area of the screen: A screenshot of a selected area of the screen is saved as a new note. When the cursor becomes a crosshair, drag out a section of the screen. Once you let go, the selected region is saved.
- screen cap
- screen caps
- Evernote Helper
- quick note
- scratch pad