Settings in Skitch for Android
Let's take a quick look at the various configuration options available in Skitch for Android. Tap the menu button on your Android device, then tap Settings:
- Per-tool settings allows you to customize the color and brush size for each annotation tool in Skitch. If this option is selected, for example, you'd be able to configure the Pencil tool to use a thin blue line and the Line tool to use a thick red line without having to modify the color or brush settings each time you switch tools.
- Screen-relative tool sizes controls whether lines and shapes are resized relative to the current zoom level. In other words, if this option is checked and you zoom in on an image, lines drawn on the image while zoomed will be appropriately resized. If this option is deselected, lines drawn will always be the same size, regardless of how much or little zoom has been applied to the image being viewed.
- Stretch small images determines whether images smaller than the editing area on your device are automatically stretched to fit the editing area when loaded into Skitch. If this option is deselected and you load an image that's 25 pixels square, the image's original size will be retained.
- Highlighter opacity controls how much content is visible beneath lines drawn using the Highlighter tool. The farther this slider is moved to the right, the more opaque the highlighter line will be.
- Smart highlighter determines, if a horizontal or vertical line is drawn, whether Skitch will automatically adjust the angle of the line to be absolutely horizontal or vertical. Note that this option only affects lines that are intented to be horizontal or vertical; diagonal lines are not adjusted.
- Draw and tap selection, if enabled, will allow the user to adjust the size and position of the element currently being drawn by tapping and holding with a second finger on the screen. So, if you're drawing a square using your left index finger and want to resize or move the square, tap somewhere in the editing area with a different finger and drag the square using your left index finger. Note that you will not be able to modify the annotation after tapping with the second finger.
- Current Skitch version shows the current version number of Skitch as installed on your device.