Prevent paper jams
Try these suggestions to prevent a paper jam:
- Scan fewer pages at one time
- Scan similar sizes of documents in one batch (receipts, cards, photos, documents)
- Adjust the width of the paper guide to just a little wider than the width of your documents
- Ensure the documents are all centered over the paper feeder
Resolve a paper jam
If you happen to have a paper jam, simply lift the lever on the right hand side of the ScanSnap to open the scanner and gently remove the paper.
Compatibility with macOS Mojave 10.14 and later
You may see a message upon updating to macOS Mojave (10.14+) that ScanSnap Manager Evernote Edition is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated. Feel free to disregard this message. This should not affect your ability to scan via USB connection. Visit Apple Support to learn more about this notice.
Problems with Wi-Fi scanning
If your scanner is not connecting via Wi-Fi, try these steps:
- Ensure the Wi-Fi antenna on the back of your scanner is switched to the On position.
- Run the ScanSnap Wireless Setup Tool for Evernote Edition. Find and run the tool from inside your programs or applications menu.
- Windows: Programs > ScanSnap Evernote Edition > ScanSnap Wireless Setup Tool for Evernote Edition
- Mac: Applications > ScanSnap Evernote Edition > ScanSnap Wireless Setup Tool for Evernote Edition
- Check which type of security your wireless network is set up with. Most wireless networks will work just fine.
Note for users on macOS Mojave (10.14+): You may see a notice that you are not connected to Wi-Fi. Try proceeding to scan anyway. If that doesn’t work, run the ScanSnap Wireless Setup Tool for Evernote Edition as instructed in the second bullet point above, then try scanning again. You may still see the connection error message, but you should be able to scan wirelessly.
Improve business card accuracy
You may be able to improve the accuracy of business card scans by adjusting the scan quality. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the ScanSnap Manager Evernote Edition
- Choose the Business Cards tab
- Select "Best" from the "Image resolution" dropdown menu
- Select "Low" from the "Compression" dropdown menu
Prevent problems with regular scanner maintenance
It's a good idea to keep both the scanner contacts and rollers clean. The following videos walk you through how to clean contacts and rollers, and how to order replacement rollers when necessary.
Cleaning the glass
If stray marks, dots, lines or residue appear on your scanned documents, you might need to clean your scanner's glass.
Cleaning the rollers
If pages are consistently slipping or tilting or many pages are going through the scanner at the same time, try cleaning the rollers so they grab the paper better.
Replacing the rollers
The rollers should last for one year or 200,000 scans. If you have tried cleaning the rollers and pages still do not feed properly, replace the rollers.