Jot Script 2 Evernote Edition Stylus Quick Start Guide
The information in this guide accompanies the Jot Script 2 and earlier models
The Jot Script 2 Evernote Edition stylus has been specially designed with Adonit's PixelPoint™ technology and is optimized for use with Evernote's Penultimate app:
Amazing precision—This fine-point Jot Script stylus combined with Penultimate's zoom and drift features enables artists and designers to create detailed sketches and drawings that can be easily saved, organized, and shared with others.
Integration to Evernote—Once you've signed into Penultimate with your Evernote account, you can search and access Penultimate from any device.
Give your productivity a boost
Enjoy the benefits of an upgraded Evernote experience. Begin by entering your activation code and clicking Activate. Once you've redeemed the code, log in to Evernote or create an account to get started.
Start writing in 4 simple steps:
To enable Bluetooth on your iPad, open your iPad Settings, then tap 'Bluetooth' to switch Bluetooth on. Your Jot Script won't appear in the 'My Devices' list.
Note: To maximize the palm rejection feature, tap 'General' from your device 'Settings' screen, then switch 'Multitasking Gestures' off.
The Jot Script 2 stylus works with:
- Penultimate 5.0 (or later)
- iPads running iOS 6.0 or later: iPad 3rd generation or newer and iPad Mini
Note: To find out which version of Penultimate you have, go to your main notebook or notes home screen, tap the head silhouette, tap the Settings button, then scroll down to the bottom of the dialog box for version info.
Connect the Jot Script
To connect the Jot Script:
- Go to your Penultimate notebook or notes home screen.
- Tap the head silhouette at the top of the screen, tap the Settings button, then tap 'Jot Script Evernote Stylus Setup' to display the 'Connect Jot Script' page.
- Hold down the sync button on the barrel of your Jot Script until the indicator light flashes blue or green (previous Jot Script model)
- Once the Jot Script is successfully connected (paired), the indicator light turns green for a few seconds.
Not on or never connected (paired)
Note: If the blue indicator doesn't light up, the Jot Script may already be connected, may need to be recharged, or may need a new set of batteries (the previous Jot Script model).
To create a new note in Penultimate:
- Tap the default 'Penultimate' notebook (circle) from the main notebook screen.
- Tap the paper with a plus (+) sign at the bottom of the screen to create a new note.
- Select and tap a paper type such as 'Plain', 'Graph', or 'Lined' paper, for example.
- Start writing.