Share, export, and print your notes
Penultimate makes it easy to share and backup all of your drawings and handwritten notes via email, as links or PDFs.
Share notes via email or social networks
If you've signed into Evernote in Penultimate, you can email a public link (URL) to your note, or post a link (URL) to your note with any social networking app you're signed into on your device.
To email or post note as a link:
From the notes page, press and hold down on a note, then slide your finger over the share button (box with an arrow pointing upward). Choose 'Mail' or a social networking app to email or post the note, respectively.
Once your notes have synced with your Evernote account, you can share them as you would any other note in Evernote.
Export and print notes
- Open any note, press and hold a note
- Slide your finger over the share button (box with an arrow pointing upwards).
To export notes for sharing or backup:
- To export as a PDF: Select 'Export PDF'
- To print: Select 'Print' to print the PDF out
To export Penultimate notes as Evernote backup files (.ENEX):
- Sign-in to Evernote from Penultimate.
- Sync your Penultimate notes with Evernote and access them from any computer or mobile device.
- Once in Evernote, notes and entire notebooks can also be saved as Evernote backup files (.ENEX) from any desktop computer.
Backup your notes to Dropbox (or other supported apps)
To backup your notes to Dropbox as PDFs or Penultimate backup files (.PEN):
- Make sure you've installed Dropbox on you device and signed-in to Dropbox from your Penultimate Settings page. Enable the .PEN format if you are exporting as PEN files.
- Open any note, press and hold a note, then slide your finger over the share button (box with an arrow pointing upwards). Select 'Export PDF' (or 'Export PEN'*), then select Dropbox or any other supported app to save the note to.
* Note: You can also export your notes as Evernote Penultimate (.PEN) backup files if you've got applications that support them.