Evernote Web Clipper options
Evernote Web Clipper features and options vary slightly by browser, but the following options are available across most:
- Notebook selection ('Clip destination' in IE): Choose the default notebook for your clips, or enable smart filing
- Tag selection: Set a tag to be automatically added to each clip, or enable smart filing
- Default clip action: Choose a default clip mode (Article, Simplified Article, Full Page, Bookmark, Screenshot)
- Related results: Check or uncheck 'Show Evernote content related to my web searches'
Access Web Clipper options
- Chrome, Safari, and Firefox: Click the elephant button in the toolbar to launch the Web Clipper, then click 'Options' at the bottom of panel.
- Opera: Right-click on the elephant button in the toolbar, then select Options.
- Internet Explorer (IE) 7+: In Evernote for Windows Desktop, click Tools > Options > Clipping from the menu bar.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install Evernote Web Clipper?
The Evernote Web Clipper can be downloaded and installed from our website. For Internet Explorer (Windows only), Evernote automatically installs Web Clipper when you install Evernote for Windows Desktop.
What browsers does Evernote Web Clipper support?
The Evernote Web Clipper is available the following desktop browsers:
- Chrome (Windows and Mac)
- Safari (Windows and Mac)
- Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Opera (Windows and Mac)
- Internet Explorer (IE) 7+ (Windows only)
What is smart filing?
Smart filing automatically suggests a related notebook and/or tag for new web clips based on the similarity of your new clip to previous clips.