Evernote Web Clipper settings
Evernote Web Clipper features and settings may vary slightly by browser, but the following options are available across most:
- Appearance: Choose between dark and light mode
- Notebook destination: Choose the default notebook for your clips, or enable smart filing
- Tag selection: Set a tag to be automatically added to each clip, or enable smart filing
- Default clip action: Choose a default clip mode (Article, Simplified Article, Full Page, Bookmark, Screenshot)
- After clip: Choose what clipper should do after clipping
- Related results: Choose whether or not Evernote content is shown alongside your regular web search results
- PDF page button: Enable or disable the Save to Evernote button when viewing PDF pages.
Access Web Clipper settings
- Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge: Click the elephant button in the toolbar to launch the Web Clipper, then click Settings at the bottom of the panel.
- Opera: Right-click on the elephant button in the toolbar, then select Options.
- Internet Explorer (IE) 7+: In Evernote for Windows Desktop, click Tools > Options > Clipping from the menu bar.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install Evernote Web Clipper?
The Evernote Web Clipper can be downloaded and installed from our website. For Internet Explorer (Windows only), Evernote automatically installs Web Clipper when you install Evernote for Windows Desktop.
What browsers does Evernote Web Clipper support?
The Evernote Web Clipper is available for the following desktop browsers:
- Chrome (Windows and Mac)
- Safari (Windows and Mac)
- Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Opera (Windows and Mac)
- Internet Explorer (IE) 7+ (Windows only)
- Microsoft Edge (Windows only)
What is smart filing?
Smart filing automatically suggests a related notebook and/or tag for new web clips based on the similarity of your new clip to previous clips.
- web clipper
- clipper faq
- clipper options
- clipper settings
- related items
- related notes