You can keep pretty much any type of content in a note. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Type, write, or even record audio notes from any meeting.
- Annotate photos and PDFs for quick communication with teams working remotely in field offices or building sites.
- Photos of anything that might inspire new ideas, new designs, or new compositions.
- Snap photos of a whiteboard or Post-it ® Notes from a brainstorm session.
- Scan contracts, legal documents, receipts, or business cards.
- Use your computer, mobile phone, or tablet to create any kind of note and recall them as needed.
To learn how to create a note, visit Create a note.
Add various types of content to a note
Notes aren't just for plain text. You can save many types of content in a note. The most common include:
Checkboxes and checklists
Bulleted and numbered lists
Images from your device's saved photos
Images taken with the in-app camera
Customize styles and layouts
Use the text formatting and layout tools to change the way the note looks:
- Text font and style tools: Bold, italicize, and underscore text
- Highlighting tool: Highlight the selected text
- List tools: Create checklists, bulleted lists, and numbered lists
- Layout tools: Insert a line divider, realign text, and insert a table
See the following tips for more ways to take notes:
- Checklists: Use checklists to manage tasks. Learn more
- Create reminders to manage tasks: Use reminders to keep track of notes that contain time-sensitive information, and receive alerts for upcoming tasks and events. Learn more
- Annotate your notes: Clarify and solicit feedback by annotating an entire note, an individual image, or a PDF. Use lines, shapes, arrows to comment, clarify, and collaborate. Learn more
- Save emails in Evernote: Forward digital receipts, travel reservations, or weekly electronic newsletters directly to your Evernote account. Learn more
- Scan business cards: Use Evernote to capture photos of business cards, and extract and save contact details from the card into Evernote. Learn more
- Clip web pages: Save sections and entire pages clipped from the web from any desktop computer. Once saved, contents can be annotated, edited, and shared with others. Learn more
- create notes
- new note
- add notes
- write notes
- author notes