Organize with tags
What can I do with tags?
Tags let you add keywords to notes, making them easier to find and browse when you’ve got a lot of them. Use tags when a note might apply to more than one category or when you want to filter results in a certain notebook by a keyword. You could use tags to associate notes with categories, memories or locations.
- Project management: Add a tag to identify the project state (active, next, completed) or to the spec number or feature.
- Task management: Add a priority label to notes (p1, p2, p3).
- Recruiting: Add a tag for the location of a position or the hiring manager (nyc, tokyo).
- Research: Add a tag for the relevant company or project.
Note: In Evernote Business, adding tags to notes in business notebooks automatically adds them to the searchable shared tag index, available to the entire organization.
How to add tags to notes
At the top of the note, select click to add tags.
At the top of the note, select Add tag...
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Open the note and tap the info button (letter 'i')
- Tap the plus button (+) to add an existing tag or select Add Tag to add a new tag.
- At the top of the note, select the tag button.
- Select an existing tag from the list, or enter a new tag.
At the top of the note, click New tag... then enter your tag(s), or select an existing tag.
Evernote Business: At the bottom of the note, click Add tag to search the master list of tags used by your business, or create new tags.
Explore the following tips for other ways to work with tags:
- Access tags using shortcuts: Create shortcuts to tags for quick access to all notes with the same tag Learn more
- Create an organizational structure: Agree on naming conventions and an organizational structure for notes, notebooks, and tags Learn more
- Manage your organization's tags: Evernote Business administrators can use the business admin console to make changes to their tag list Learn more
- manage tags
- apply tags
- business tags