How to deactivate and reactivate your Evernote account
Deactivating your account means you are turning off your account access. You will be able to reactivate your deactivated account unless you request to have your email address and username completely removed from our service (see step 4 below). Evernote does not automatically delete your notes when you deactivate your account.
Note: For instructions specific to Evernote Business accounts, see How to deactivate and reactive an Evernote Business account.
Deactivate your Evernote account
- Cancel your Evernote subscription. If you are paying for Evernote, you need to cancel your subscription through the service which you subscribed.
- Export your notes. You can export your notes as HTML or XML files to view them outside of Evernote.
- Delete your notes. Evernote does not automatically delete your notes when you deactivate your account, but you can delete your notes and notebooks before you deactivate.
- Deactivate your account. To deactivate your Evernote account, log in to your account settings in Evernote Web, click Security Summary from the left-side navigation menu, then click the blue "Deactivate your Evernote account" link. Note: If you wish to completely remove your email address and username, first submit a ticket using the account you wish to deactivate. Then, deactivate your account while you wait for a response to your ticket. We'll ask you to confirm that you've deleted your content and deactivated your account before we can remove your email address.
When your account is deactivated, you will be logged out of Evernote, and your account will no longer be usable. You will not be able to create another Evernote account with your same email address. If you are deactivating an account to use the email address associated with it on another account, you can swap the email addresses instead.
Reactivate your Evernote account
- Sign in to Evernote Web using your old username or email address and password.
- After you provide the correct login information, you'll be informed that your account is deactivated. Click the 'reactivate' link to begin the reactivation process.
- Enter the email address associated with your account and an email will be sent to you to confirm your reactivation request.
- Click Reactivate My Account from the email and create a new password for your account.
If you need assistance reactivating your account, please contact us.
- accidentally created account
- close account
- close my account
- delete account
- delete my account
- remove account
- reactivate account
- reactivate my account
- account reactivation
- wrong email
- wrong email address
- remove email
- remove my email
- remove email address
- remove my email address
- two accounts