How to deactivate your Evernote account
When you deactivate your Evernote account, you will no longer be able to access it. Evernote does not automatically delete your notes when you deactivate your account. For instructions specific to Evernote Business accounts, see How to deactivate and reactivate an Evernote Business account.
Deactivate your Evernote account
- Cancel your Evernote subscription. If you are paying for Evernote, you need to cancel your subscription through the service which you subscribed.
- Export your notes. You can export your notes as HTML or XML files to view them outside of Evernote.
- Delete your notes. Evernote does not automatically delete your notes when you deactivate your account, but you can delete your notes and notebooks before you deactivate.
- Deactivate your account. To deactivate your Evernote account, log in to your account settings in Evernote Web, click Security Summary from the left-side navigation menu, then click the blue "Deactivate your Evernote account" link.
When your account is deactivated, you will be logged out of Evernote, and your account will no longer be usable. You will not be able to create another Evernote account with your same email address. If you are deactivating an account to use the email address associated with it on another account, you can swap the email addresses instead.
To reactivate a deactivated account, see How to reactivate your Evernote account.
Close your Evernote account
If you wish to completely close your account, removing your email address and username from our service, first submit a ticket using the account you wish to deactivate. Then, deactivate your account using the steps above while you wait for a response to your ticket. We'll ask you to confirm that you've deleted your content and deactivated your account before we can remove your email address.
- accidentally created account
- close account
- close my account
- delete account
- delete my account
- remove account
- wrong email
- wrong email address
- remove email
- remove my email
- remove email address
- remove my email address
- two accounts