I reset my password and don't see any notes in my account
There are two things you can check if you can't see your notes after a password reset or reinstallation.
Confirm you are using the correct Evernote account
The most common scenario where you may not see your notes after a password reset or reinstallation is you are signed in to the wrong account. Many users inadvertently create multiple accounts with different email addresses or usernames. Please follow these steps to confirm you're using the correct account:
- Log in to your account using your username (not email address) in Evernote Web
- Check to see if your notes appear in Evernote Web. If so, review the email address on file for the account in the account settings. This will ensure that your account email address is current and correct. If your notes do not appear, continue to step 3.
- Log out of this account
- Log in to your account using your email address (not username) in Evernote Web, then follow step 2 above.
- If you receive emails from Evernote to multiple of your email addresses, that means you probably have multiple Evernote accounts. Check the "To:" field in emails from Evernote.
- If you have ever emailed something to your Evernote account, check your 'Sent Mail' folder to see if you can determine the username of your account. The username is the first part of your Evernote email address. For example: [username].email@example.com.
Wait for Evernote to re-sync your account
Another common scenario where you may not see your notes after a password reset or reinstallation is that the app has yet to re-sync your account. After you successfully log in with your new account information, Evernote re-syncs your data from our server. This is a security precaution to ensure that your data will only be accessible by you. Wait while the notes download to your device, which may take some time depending on the number and size of your notes.
If you are still unable to find your notes after checking the above, please contact us.
- password reset
- missing notes
- lost notes
- second account