Revoke access to your Evernote account
For security or privacy reasons, there may be situations when you'll need to revoke access to your Evernote account from a particular computer or mobile device. For example:
- Your phone or tablet is lost or stolen.
- You sold, gifted, or donated your laptop.
- You signed into Evernote on a public or shared computer and forgot to sign out.
To revoke access from a device
- Sign in to your account settings on Evernote's website.
- Choose Applications from the menu to view all of the devices that you've authorized to access your account.
- Click Revoke Access next to each device you want to revoke access from.
Once you've revoked access to your account from a device, that device will no longer be able to sync notes and the account password will be required in order to resume syncing.
If your device is lost or stolen, change your account password and/or set up two-step verification on your account for added security.
- remove device
- delete device
- revoke access
- disable access
- disable device