How to attach a file in a note
Just about anything can be attached to a note, including files, images, and audio. You can even attach snapshots taken with your phone or desktop computer's camera.
What kinds of files can I put into Evernote?
- Scanned contracts
- Spreadsheets and presentations
- Forms and other documents
- Scanned receipts
- Logos and other images for your business
- and more!
How to attach a file
Any type of file can be attached to a note, as long as the total size of the note with attachments included does not exceed the note size limit of your account.
Mac and Windows
Find the file that you wish to attach, then drag and drop the file into:
- A note. Evernote will add the entire file as an attachment.
- A notebook or onto the Evernote icon. Evernote will create a new note with the file attached.
- Open the note to which you wish to attach a file
- Open the attachment menu:
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: Add files with the document picker (paperclip) or photos with the camera button
- Android: Tap the '+' icon
- Windows PhoneTap the '...' icon > attach a picture
- Select the file or type of attachment you wish to add
Attach multiple types of content to a single note
When you select or tap to edit your note, select to attach different types of content to a note:
Attach files of any kind
Add bulleted and numbered lists
Add photos from your camera roll
Take a photo with your camera or webcam
Open and edit attachments from inside a note
Note: You can preview attachments from any device, but the ability to edit an attachment is currently supported on desktop computers.
To preview and edit attached files directly from Evernote:
- Open the note and locate the attached file
- Right-click (Windows) or select the 'Quick Look' preview button, the eye, (Mac) on the attached file
- Select Open or Open With
- Select a compatible application to preview and edit your file
Once you've opened the file with a supported application, any edits you make will be saved and previewed from Evernote.
Save an attachment from a note to your computer
If you'd like to save a file to your computer, you can right-click the file and choose Save As...
- attach a file
- open a file
- save a file
- store a file