How to revoke access to a shared note
If you decide to stop sharing a note or a public (URL) link to a note, simply open the note, then perform the following steps:
- Select Note > More Sharing > Stop Sharing Public Link from the menu bar.
- Select Note > More Sharing > Manage Note Permissions... from the menu bar, then click X next to the name(s) of whom you'd like to stop sharing the note with.
- Select Note > Share > Modify Sharing from the menu bar, then uncheck 'Enable public link'.
- Select Note > Share > Modify Sharing from the menu bar, click Modify individual permissions for this note, then click the X next to the name(s) of whom you'd like to stop sharing the note with.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Tap the share button (box with upward arrow), then tap Stop sharing.
- Tap the info button (letter 'i'), tap Note Permissions, then tap Stop sharing with all. From here you can also change permissions for each person.
- Tap the options button (three dots), then tap More Sharing > Disable Link.
- Tap the options button (three dots), select Note permissions, tap the name of the person you're sharing with, then adjust the permissions.
- Click the downward arrow on the Share button, then select Link > Stop sharing note > Done.
Once you've revoked all access to your note, the note becomes private again, and all current links to that note will no longer work.