How to revoke access to a shared note
If you decide to stop sharing a note or a public (URL) link to a note, simply open the note, then perform the following steps:
- Select Note > More Sharing > Stop Sharing Public Link from the menu bar.
- Select Note > More Sharing > Manage Note Permissions... from the menu bar, then click X next to the name(s) of whom you'd like to stop sharing the note with.
- Select Note > Share > Share Note... from the menu bar, then click 'Turn off' in the 'Shareable link' section.
- Select Note > Share > Share Note... from the menu bar, then click the small downward arrow to the right of the name(s) of users you'd like to stop sharing the note with, then select Remove access....
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Tap the share button (box with upward arrow), then tap Stop sharing.
- Tap the info button (letter 'i'), tap Note Permissions, then tap Stop sharing with all. From here you can also change permissions for each person.
- Tap the options button (three dots), then tap More Sharing > Disable Link.
- Tap the options button (three dots), select Note permissions, tap the name of the person you're sharing with, then adjust the permissions.
- Click the downward arrow on the Share button, then select Link > Stop sharing note > Done.
Once you've revoked all access to your note, the note becomes private again, and all current links to that note will no longer work.