Settings in Evernote for Android
You can access settings in Evernote for Android by swiping to slide out the navigation drawer, then tapping 'Settings' from the main menu.
Settings related to paid subscription features
Paid subscription (Evernote Plus, Premium, and Business) options you can manage from the 'Settings' page:
- Save emails to Evernote: To save emails into Evernote, tap Account Info to view the unique Evernote email address you can forward emails to.
- Add passcode lock on mobile apps: To set up a 4-digit passcode lock (PIN) that will be required whenever Evernote is launched or revisited after an extended period of time, tap Account Info > Set up passcode lock, and enter your preferred 4-digit passcode.
- Access when you're offline: To enable and configure offline notebooks, tap Search and Storage > Search offline, exit 'Settings' and go back to the navigation drawer, tap Notebooks, tap the options button (three vertical dots), tap Offline notebooks, and select which of your notebooks you'd like to store in their entirety on your device for offline viewing and editing.
Other settings you can configure or manage
'Account Info' settings
- Account Info: View your account info (Evernote username and associated email address) and your account level.
- Evernote Email Address: Your unique email address used to forward emails into your Evernote account.
- Invite Friends. Get Rewards: Refer others to Evernote and receive Evernote Points towards Premium subscriptions
- Manage Points: View how many points you've accumlated.
- Activate multi-shot mode
- Enable the ability to save photos you take with the Evernote camera to the photo gallery on your device
- Adjust orientation automatically depending on how you're holding the device
- Moleskine notebook and Post-it® note settings
- Business card settings, including LinkedIn integration
- Customize the floating new note plus (+) button
- Use GPS Satellites and Wifi to determine the device's location.
- Auto-title notes
- Enable quick notes
- Enable display of in-app chat notifications
- Enable chat notification sounds
- Enable chat notification vibration alert
- Configure whether your notes are synchronized automatically or manually and, if set to automatic syncing, how often the app should attempt to sync.
- Wi-Fi sync only option: Check this option to only synchronize if the device is connected to a WiFi network (as opposed to a cellular data network). This option is recommended for users concerned about overages on their wireless bill.
- Date and time of the last sync
- Select which news and information sources you'd like to surface in Evernote
- Enable LinkedIn contacts to show up
'Search and Storage' settings
- Enable offline searching and store a portion of each of your notes on your device. This will allow you to search all of your notes without being connected to the Internet. Note that an Internet connection will be required to download the note attachments if they are not already cached on the device.
- Clear the cache and erase local copies of your notes that have been cached. Offline notebooks will be left intact.
- Submit a support ticket
- Send an activity log, the log file generated by Evernote to Evernote's support department for analysis and troubleshooting. Use this option when prompted by an agent on the Support team.
- View the current version of Evernote for Android and check for updates. Most customers will need to use the Google Play to update to the latest version of Evernote for Android.
- android settings
- configure settings