Quick start for Work Chat
Work Chat lets you communicate and collaborate with others about your work without leaving Evernote. Share notes, notebooks, and exchange ideas with anyone, whether or not they use Evernote.
Once you’ve shared a note with your team, you’ll be able to see who else is viewing or editing it at any given moment and start a chat with them.
Start a Work Chat in 3 steps:
Create a new Work Chat
Start a Work Chat with one or more people.
1. Find and select the Work Chat button on your computer or mobile device:
Mac and Windows
Select New Chat from the Evernote toolbar.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
The new Evernote for iOS: Tap the three lines in the bottom left corner to open the menu, tap Work Chat, then tap the pen and paper icon at the top right of the chat list.
Older version of Evernote for iOS: Open the Account tab, tap Work Chat, then tap the green plus button (+).
Select Work Chat from the navigation menu, then tap New Chat.
Select the Work Chat button (speech bubble with an arrow), then click the Work Chat button at the top right of the chat list.
Note: Only available in the older version of Evernote Web. The new Evernote Web does not support Work Chat.
2. Enter the emails of one or more recipients, then select or tap Send.
Share a note in Work Chat
To share an individual note in Work Chat:
- Select a note from the note list.
- Select Share (Mac and Windows) or tap the Share button (Android and iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch).
- Select Invite someone (New Evernote for iOS), and set the permission level to 'Can edit and invite', 'Can edit', or 'Can view'.
- Make sure there's at least one recipient, type a message, then click or tap Send.
See who's viewing your shared notes
Once you've shared a note, you can see if anyone is viewing or editing that note at any given moment.
- edit and invite
- send a chat
- send a message
- share notes
- sharing notes
- view and edit
- work chat