How to configure SCIM with your Evernote Business account
Evernote SCIM is based on the open standard System for Cross-domain Identity Management, and is used to help Evernote Business account admins provision and manage identity data with third-party identity providers (IdPs). SCIM is only available in Evernote Business accounts created on or after September 15, 2017.
To configure SCIM with your Evernote Business account:
- Enable single sign-on
- Go to the ‘SCIM’ page in the admin console and generate a bearer token by clicking the “Generate token” link (Note: You must copy the token immediately, as it will disappear on your next visit.)
- Sign in to your identity provider and add/enable SCIM functionality
- Verify the SCIM protocol version that your IdP supports, then configure SCIM with the V1 or V2 base URL:
- SCIM 1.1 protocol:
- SCIM 2.0 protocol:
- Users are never deleted from Evernote, they are deactivated. Delete requests to the SCIM server are ignored.
- Once a user is deactivated, they cannot be reactivated via SCIM.
- New users cannot be created with the same username as a previously deactivated user.