App badges in Evernote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Evernote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch sends push notifications for Work Chat messages and reminders. When notifications haven’t been viewed, iOS adds a red, numbered badge to the app icon. You may recognize this badge from unread text messages in your Messages app and unread emails in your Mail app.
When enabled, Evernote sends a push notification for newly received Work Chat messages and for reminders that are due (if a due date has been set). Previous versions of Evernote only triggered an app badge for unread Work Chat messages, so this behavior may be new to some users.
Clearing the red badge
If you have a red badge on your app, check for the following:
- Unread Work Chat messages
- Open the Account tab, then tap Work Chat. Unread messages have a green dot to the right of a sender’s name in your message list.
- Reminders whose due dates have passed
- Open the Notes tab, then tap the reminders button (alarm clock) at the top right. Alternatively, tap All Notes to bring up your notebook list, then tap Reminders. Your reminders are pinned to the top of the list. Check whether any of the notes listed have a past due date.
In order to clear the red badge, do one of the following:
- Read unread Work Chat messages – Open the unread message.
- Mark notes with overdue reminders as done – Open the note, tap the reminder button (alarm clock), then tap Mark as Done. This retains the reminder in the note, but it is no longer past due.
- Clear reminders from notes that no longer require a reminder – Open the note, tap the reminder button (alarm clock), then tap Clear Reminder. This removes the reminder from the note altogether.
- Set a future date to be reminded again – Open the note, tap the reminder button (alarm clock), then tap Change Date. This allows you to set a new reminder for a future date, which makes it no longer past due.
- Remove the date from your reminder – Open the note, tap the reminder button (alarm clock), then tap Remove Date. This retains the reminder in the note, but removes any associated due date.
- app badge
- red badge
- ios badge
- red dot
- red notification
- push notification
- ios 8